Are you aged 12 – 25 years and living on a Scottish island?
Are you interested in:
- Film making, documentary, animation, and journalism
- Gaining tools to get your message and ideas across
- Boosting your skills and experience
- Working with other young islanders
If so, Our Island Stories is for you!
The Scottish Islands Federation has teamed up with Screen Argyll and is offering young people across the islands the chance to learn new skills, get hands-on filmmaking experience, work with other young islanders, and share stories of island life.
You will take part in online sessions with film makers and the programme will culminate in the first ever Island Youth Film Festival!
FREE Film making course
Wednesday 12/19/26May & 2/9 June, 7pm – 8.30pm
FREE Film making weekend
Saturday & Sunday 12 & 13th June, 1 – 4pm
Our Island Stories Film Festival Saturday 28th August 2021
Film Festival opens for submissions on 12th June 2021
Submissions close on Saturday 14th August
- We are accepting films of 3 minutes and under which have been made by young people resident on Scottish Islands
- Film makers must be aged between 12 and 25 years. (Older and younger people may have been involved in the film making process, but the main creative roles must be in the target age bracket)
- All video content and music in the film must be cleared for copyright.
- Film content must focus on life on a Scottish island
- Films can be submitted in English, Gaelic or Scots or any other language.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org